Friday, June 6, 2008

Que the Wet Willy Song, it's FRIDAY!

Hallelujah! I am so ready for the weekend. Hopefully I won't have anything more stressful to do than breathe.

I've got a few necklace designs sketched out that I hope to finish, and at some point I need to put my Winter clothes in storage and break out the Summer stuff. We are feeling the heat down South today with an expected high of 99 degrees and near 100% humidity. I felt like a piece of wilted lettuce when I stepped out the door at 9:00 this morning.

I've been fooling around with shades of red clay. I've got a special request to fill and I want something between a cherry red and a tomato red. My new friend saw my "Miss Thang" necklace pictured here, which I've already sold, and wants a similar pendant.

Miss Thang 2
So far, I've made 20 pendants, and I don't like any of them. I used Studio by Sculpey clay in pomegranate to create the pendant I sold, and wouldn't you know it? The new batch of pomegranate red I bought isn't the same color. It's darker and more of a cherry red. It's getting on my last nerve. I have a love-hate relationship with Studio clay. I love the colors it comes in, but hate its consistency, which is like hot chewing gum. I like a glass-like sheen on my finished pieces, too, and you don't get that with Studio clay.


Finally, as this week's Favorite Find, I thought I'd post a photo from my collection of vintage children's kitchen toys. This sweet little Delta mixer is from the 1950s and measures just 5" tall, excluding the beater, and about 4" wide. The beater works perfectly and the piece has very little rust. I just love it. It is one of my favorite finds ever!

Happy Weekend everyone, make the most of it!

No comments: