Friday, June 20, 2008

TeamSC Artist of the Week

It's been so busy at my real job this week, I haven't had a chance to blog, but I am happy to say that today, I get to feature another TeamSC artist! This week's featured artist is Stephanie, a/k/a MrsFatFace. You can find Stephanie's shop at www.mrsfatface.etsy.com. Thanks, Stephanie, for letting me interview you for my blog!

Where in South Carolina do you live, and were you born here? If not, how long have you been in SC?

I was actually born in Aiken, SC but moved to Rock Hill, SC in 1990.


What do you like best about living in South Carolina?

I love living near the coast and I love the climate here.

How long have you been involved in your craft, and how did you get started?

I started making jewelry 7 years ago to give as Christmas gifts. I loved it so much I started doing it for fun.

Do you work from your home, or do you have a brick and mortar store?

I actually work full time for a law firm but make jewelry in my spare time. (What little bit I have since I have 2 kids)


Who or what inspires you?

I am mostly inspired by beautiful colors. I love going to the bead store and seeing all the different colors, stones, and textures.

Do you have a method for remembering ideas you want to implement, such as a notebook or tape recorder, etc.?

No method I write some ideas down but for the most part they just stay packed away in my memory.

What do you do when you hit a brick wall creatively and nothing is working?

Definitely put it down and go do something else. Later when I come back to it I can get a fresh prespective.



What are some of your goals for your craft, and where do you hope it will take you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Well I make jewelry as a hobby. In 5 years I just hope to still be making jewelry and to have increased my skills.

What are your hobbies, or how do you like to spend your free time, assuming you have any?
My hobbies are making jewelry and being creative. I also love to read and spend time with my family.

Now for the fun stuff!

Favorite color?So many, but I love a good green
Favorite food? Any good country cooking
Favorite song or musical artist? Love all music except heavy metal
Favorite book or author? LOVE Patricia Cornwell
Favorite movie, actor or actress? Sweet Home Alabama
And most importantly, Clemson or Carolina? CLEMSON

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Lynda for featuring me in your blog!

Ladypippie said...

It is great getting to know my "new neighbor" better. You make some awesome pieces.