Monday, July 7, 2008

Favorite Finds

With the price of gas as high as it is, I do most of my shopping on the internet these days. I was feeling deprived today and decided to cruise Etsy for some eye clcandy, and look what I found!

I have eclectic tastes. I think it's the Gemini in me. On the one hand, I'm all classic romance, Laura Ashley prints and pink cabbage roses and such. The other side of me likes bold, iconoclastic images and the strikingly unique, especially when it comes to my jewelry. I think I found three Etsy artisans who are definitely kindred spirits in the eclectic department.

This angel wing piece was handmade by Ilysa at www.ilysaart.etsy.com. It intrigues me because most people would have done this in white or off-white, but bronzy brown? Ilysa's other pieces also exhibit quite an eye for color. What a gift! I'm trying to figure out I could use this in a jewelry design.

I am very jealous of my friend Sally Sotelo of www.silvergate.etsy.com. Not only does Sally create beautiful things out of polymer clay, now she's ventured into precious metal clay. This pendant is PMC! I am going to have to talk her out of it somehow. Sally, it's calling my name! I see another tutorial in my future.


This stunning piece is by JKollmann of www.jkollmann.etsy.com. I am Irish from my McCreary and Fortune ancestors, and I love anything with a celtic flair. This bracelet is beautiful. I love the way the artist combines contrasting patterns in a harmonious design, very appealing to the eye.

No comments: