Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Favorites October 3, 2008

This new treasury features my favorite bird, the beautiful Cardinal. I have one as a regular visitor to my office window, and he inspired me to create a treasury for him and his friends. I am also a huge fan of South Carolina's own James Dickey. I say South Carolina's own, although he was actually born in Atlanta, Dickey, was Poet-in-Residence at the University of South Carolina in Columbia from 1968 until his death in 1997. The title of the treasury, "Hours of the Cardinal", and the subtitle "A Half-Inch of Blue Sky", are from his collection of contemporary poems.

I am a huge fan of ara133photography's work, and her photo of a fat little, female colorful cardinal is way up there on my list of favorites from her shop.

I am also very excited that my friend and fellow Lowcountry, SC resident, Helena of SnowPondPrimitives has FINALLY decided to open her Etsy shops. Helena actually has two etsy shops, HelenaCStudios and SnowPondPrimitives. Helena is a wood carver and painter, and her Bird On A Bowl, featuring a red cardinal, is the first item she has listed. Helena is a very talented artist, and I cannot wait to see more of her things listed. So, hurry up and get that shop filled, Helena! Your adoring public is waiting!

1 comment:

ara133photography said...

awww thank you so much! These are all fabulous birds! :)