Friday, October 17, 2008

Thursday Clay and Play October 16, 2008

My plan was to work on some Christmas ornaments for the PCAGOE ornament swap. I got a few ideas transferred into clay pieces, and a whole lot of new ideas cropped up I want to do as well, but here are the initial efforts.

Thursday Clay and Play 10/16/08 Myrrh Jar 1

The myrrh pot seems to be the most popular one so far, although this is definitely a prototype. I figured out some things in making it which I want to correct, but will be making more.

Frankincense Jar Polymer Clay Christmas Ornament

I'm going to tweak the frankincinse jar, too. I think I'm going to add a glaze of liuid sculpey and bright gold mica powder and see what that does. I am not crazy about the red embossing powder. I think I used it incorrectly, it's tacky to the touch. I brushed it on the raw clay instead of embedding it, which seems to make a huge difference.

Momma's Christmas Letter Polymer Clay Ornament

This little guy is my personal favorite because it has sentimental value. My mother writes a Christmas letter to her children, grandchildren and son and daughter-in-law every year. She puts them in little decorated envelopes and hangs them on the tree for us to find. This one is for Momma to hang on her tree this year. I will definitely be making some more of these. I want to try the flap in different colors and patterns. I think the holly berry transfer I did on the myrrh jar would be pretty on one.

I'll be tweaking and working on more this weekend. Off now to find my Friday Favorites! Be right back!

No comments: