Saturday, April 3, 2010

AHA! Moment Number Three

Faux Dark Burmese Jade and Olive Jade Square Beads 1

I was back at it this morning, trying new small beads in different shapes. I still couldn't go near that 10mm sized round bead, but I did make some passable 25mm rounds. I also made some 3/4" square beads.

Faux White Jade Asian Calligraphy Square Beads

I cheated a bit with these, though. Somebody needs to invent a square bead roller. I resorted to covering clear, Lucite beads I bought in a moment of weakness last year. They were in the "trash 'em" box until I looked at them with new eyes last night. Another Aha! moment.

25mm Faux Olive Jade Round Beads 1a

The 25mm round beads started out life as plain, unglazed, white bisque beads. Hey, where there's a will, there's a way, and all that.

Faux Peach Jade Square Beads

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't those tiny beads an absolute pain in the **** to make... well, at least to make well, and round, and the same size... even WITH a bead roller.