Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Am a Polymerista of the Month at Voila!... And That's Me Up There in the Permanent Banner, Too!



This has been a fantastic week for me at Voila!

Christine Dumont, polymer artist extraordinare, and the creator of Voila!, emailed me last week and asked me if I would like to be added to the permanent banner at the Voila! website. I could not answer fast enough. I was afraid she would change her mind before I could get her the photos.

I absolutely love Voila!, a European-based community website open to polymer clay artists worldwide. Christine created it to be a source of inspiration for artists working in the medium of polymer clay, to help us take our work to a higher level. It features the best tutorials, fantastic photos of incredible polymer art, and a forum for discussion (including a newly created critiquing section). As stated on the website, Christine's goal for Voila! was to have a place which would clearly explain how things like line, form and color affect us emotionally so that we can express our artistic vision and appreciate the work of others.

I joined Voila! several months ago and spend a good part of my lunch hour every day just drooling over the new photos and stunning work of many of my favorite Polymer Artists. The talent displayed there is astonishing. If you can't find inspiration there, you better check your pulse, because you're probably dead.





And, if having my work featured in the permanent banner wasn't enough, this month, Christine and her guest judge, Bettina Welker, a former PCAGOE member and very well known polymer artist and author in her own right, chose me as the Polymerista of the month for August in the Proficient Category for my Olive Geisha Necklace! I am thrilled, and honored, considering the talent on display at Voila! It is truly amazing to be named. I will be hanging out again on Cloud 9 for a long time.

Christine, you have become a wonderful friend and mentor, and I appreciate your encouragement and support, more than I could possibly express to you. If not for you, I would never have had the courage to enter the International Polymer Clay Association's 2010 Progress and Possibilities, a journey that was an epiphany to me in so many ways, especially regarding the direction I want to take in the medium of Polymer Clay.

Bettina, I've admired your work for several years, since we were both members of the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy and I got to know your amazing work. It means a lot to me that you think so highly of my work.

Thank you both so much!

3 comments:

Ele said...

Congratulations :)!

Thank you for introducing me to a fantastic site! I have not see Voila before!

Gaina said...

Congratulations! :D

JuLee said...

I am so happy to hear about your placement on the permanent Voila Banner. What a great accomplishment. You go girl!!!!