Thursday, January 13, 2011

Anne, meet Catherine... She Came On The Scene After You Lost Your Head

Ancient Romance Series - Tudor Jewels 2 - Anne Boleyn

The whole Medieval time travel thing actually began with a request for two pendants from my friend Sarah, a/k/a FaeryGothMother, who lives in Belgium. Sarah requested I find some Waterhouse images for two pendants she would like to have. She also wanted them embellished a little bit, and knowing Sarah's style and her flair for color and composition (she makes gorgeous jewelry herself!), I tried to envision some designs for her that would be edgy but romantic and old world, too. That's what got me started on the Medieval era and what led me to jump in the time machine and do some research on period costumes and jewels appropriate for the middle ages.

Ancient Romance Series - Tudor Jewels - Catherine Parr

I can't wait for Sarah to see these. I found a collection digital images at Etsy which feature Henry VIII's poor, unfortunate wives, including the tragic Anne Boleyn, and I just had to have them. The rich crimson red in the images for Anne and Catherine Parr just spoke to me. It was also another chance to use my new favorite Swarovski crystal, the luscious, dramatic blood red Siam color... and how appropriate for the tragic Anne!

I also had another wild hair moment and spied this Berbier pendant, which I made a couple of months ago weeks ago for an Art Bead Scene Challenge. I ran out of time and didn't get a necklace made to enter, but I love the Art Deco/Art Nouveau shape of the pendant; and it was conveniently sitting on top of a piece of brass stamping and naturally, I picked it up and started playing with it. I LOVE the result, I must say. This might be my favorite so far.

Barbier Pendant Embellished with Vintaj Natural Brass and Topaz Swarovski Crystal

5 comments:

Cynthia Blanton said...

These are all fabulous. Love the last one.

m.e. said...

From Flat to FABULOUS !!! :D

you make the metal findings seem as though they were made just for your pendants!!!
I continue to be mesmerized with your ability to twist and tweak each
piece so that it "hugs" the pendent PERFECTLY!!!
m.e. :)

~*~Patty S said...

One creation is more stunning than the last Lynda!

I am absolutely over the moon with the gorgeous arch pendant I won in your giveaway

Many thanks once again and have a great weekend!
oxo

lucia tenkarian said...

my comment is: i own some, i own some!and i'm crazy about your work!!! i hope i win because we're going to paris in november for honeymoon!!! pleeeese let it be me!my fingers are crossed! spin that wheel! xo lucia

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i've been enjoying my visit to your blog. you make some of the most amazingly beautiful pendants i've seen in blogland. i'll be back to visit again.