Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jewels of Aragon Pendant

I have been time traveling through the history books lately, and last week, I landed in the middle ages. I did a little research on royalty, royal jewels and costuming of the era.

I wanted to try to do a few jewelry pieces that really make you think "Medieval." Here is the first pendant, featuring a gorgeous 20 carat, square-cut, lemon yellow citrine surrounded by Vintaj Natural Brass and nestled on a base of dark silver polymer clay antiqued with bronze acrylic paint and framed in a dark silver metal stamping, which I manipulated to make a holder for the jump ring bail.

What do you think? Can you see Catherine of Aragon wearing this? I call it "Jewels of Aragon."

The citrine was a birthday gift from my Mother when I was 25, so I better hang on to this one. I will be making more, though. I ordered some square-cut faux gemstone glass beads last week in garnet and amethyst and diamond clear. I think the garnet in particular will look stunning against the dark silver and antique brass backdrop!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Very beautiful. Forget Catherine of A. I can see myself wearing that...
Terri

MoonRae said...

Well,Terri beat me to it cause I was gonna say the same thing....
haha (don't worry Terri,she said she was gonna make some more, so we won't have to fight for it)
Smiles
~Sharon~

m.e. said...

Better store this particular one in the tower . It belongs in the Crown Jewels collection !
This design is stunning !
It's extra special since this pendant would look perfect with almost any metal finish!!!
Medieval Magic!!! m.e. :)