Monday, August 1, 2011

Hangin' Out On Cloud 9 Again - A New PCD Feature


The first thing I do during the work week after I get up in the morning is check my email and then visit Polymer Clay Daily to see who/what Miss Cynthia is featuring for the day.  I got a nice little jolt this morning when I read my own name at the top of today's post!   As a result, I am feeling a little lofty, so if you need me today, hang a right at Cloud 9.  I may be here awhile.  Thank you so much, Cynthia, for taking the time to read my blog and peruse my flickr photostream.  It is an honor and a thrill to see myself on the pages of PCD!

I also have to take a moment to send kudos to Cynthia for all she does to promote polymer clay artists.  I doubt there is anyone in the polymer world who doesn't know her or has not read the posts at Polymer Clay Daily.  She is a wonderful ambassador for us all.  It really jumpstarts my creativity to see what everyone else is doing. 

Cynthia has a new endeavor aimed at helping inspire us, too.  She recently launched a virtual magazine called "Studio Mojo."  You can read more about it at PCD if you are interested.  It requires a paid subscription, and I signed up last week and spent a lovely afternoon via the web with Cynthia and polymer artist Lindly Haunani (from whom I learned a lesson in patience) and also reading through the back issues.  It is like being able to attend a master class every day.  I am really excited about the concept and the chance to see and hear the interviews in real time, so bravo to you, Cynthia.  Much good luck with the new website, and thank you again for the feature. 

7 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Congratulations! Your work is beautiful and should be featured! Also, congrats on winning the Art Bead Scene challenge! Way to go!

SueBeads said...

Congratulations on both! Your work is amazing and you deserve it!

JuLee said...

Congrads Lydia. Your work deserves to be recogized.

Polyanya said...

Congratulations to you but also to Cynthia for bringing artists like yourself to the rest of us - thank you for the inspiration! I shall be visiting your Etsy store for a tutorial pretty soon methinks.

Diva Designs Jewelry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you so much, my friends. It is a huge thrill to be included at PCD. I'm very honored.

Laurel said...

And wouldn't you know it, I didn't read that one, because I figured it would be another one of those "butt ugly" things to do with scrap clay articles!!!! Not your lovely creations!
Kudos to you - more than well deserved, as always!